The Maltego & Social Links Training Course is an intensive course that lasts 3 days and covers the basics of using the research software. In addition, we deal with a selection of the more than 700 transformations for social links, thus covering all important settings and operating options in detail.
The course focuses on:
- Input & importation of data
- Visual analysis
- Integration of transformations
- Data exportation as charts or reports
Naturally, the Maltego & Social Links Training Course also covers advanced topics from the area of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), which are important for the use of the research software.
You will need:
- PC/Notebook (and mouse!)
- Minimum working memory (RAM): 8 GB
- Recommended working memory (RAM): 16 GB
- Administrator rights for software installation
- Firefox and Google Chrome (latest versions)
- Microsoft Office or equivalent software (e.g. Open Office)
- An extended understanding of the foundation of Internet services (HTTP, DNS) as well as a solid basic knowledge for working with search engines (“Google Hacking,” “Google Dorks”), including basic IT security principles (port scanning, etc.)
- Basic technical knowledge in the areas of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) and networking
- A basic knowledge of information technology and the use of IT tools
For OSINT beginners, we recommend attending one of our courses on Internet investigations before attending the Maltego & Social Links Training Course webinar.
Maltego & Social Links Training Course Objectives: What Will I Learn?
- … learn how to safely use Maltego and Social Links to identify covert relationships between people, organizations, and websites. You will also be able to professionally analyze and document the infrastructure of websites.
- … master the most important settings for the Maltego software as well as the corresponding backups.
- … develop an understanding of the relationships between entities and transformations.
- … become familiar with the Maltego user interface and learn how to customize layouts and views to suit your specific use case.
- … how to import and export data and create meaningful charts.
- … become familiar with the transformations incorporated in Social Links and will be able to use them safely for profiling people and companies.
- … learn how to obtain worldwide company information with social links and how to create meaningful charts.
- … learn how to perform Facebook and Twitter analyses with Social Links.
- … become familiar with the (start) transformations of social links and learn how to use them safely for your specific application.
Maltego & Social Links Training Course: Webinar Schedule
9.00 am … Welcome & Introduction
- Setup check
- Installing Maltego software & Transforms
- Best practices: Settings
10.00 am … Using Maltego correctly: The user interface (I)
- Introduction to Maltego and Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- Action Bar & Context Menu
- Starting transformations & options for graphs
1.00 pm … Using Maltego correctly: The user interface (II)
- Layouts & Views
- Investigate Tab
- Entities & Collections
- Transforms & Machines
On all 3 days, the seminar ends at 5:00 pm
9.00 am … How do I use Maltego transformations? (I)
- Mapping the infrastructure of organizations / websites
- Import & export of data from / to Maltego
- How to get the most out of Maltego software
- Tips and tricks that we regularly use in investigations
1.00 pm … How do I use Maltego transformations? (II) – Attribution
- Finding people and organizations behind the previously identified infrastructure
- Introduction to techniques for finding, profiling, and identifying persons or groups of persons
- Working with social networks, geo-tagged images, devices, aliases, and more
- Working with other Transform providers such as Social Links, SocialNet, PassiveTotal, Shodan, DomainTools, and many more
9.00 am … Introduction to Social Links
- Setup check
- Installation of software & Transforms
- Best practices: Settings
10.00 am … How to use Social Links correctly: SOCMINT / OSINT (I)
- Introduction to Social Links & Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- Transformation principle – Client / Server
- What’s happening?
- What API keys do I need for Social Links?
- Overview of transformations in Social Links
- Visible / non-visible transformations
- Start entities as starting point
- What results can be expected?
- Start transformations
- Reading & adding log files
1.00 pm … How to use Social Links correctly: SOCMINT / OSINT (II)
Investigations & research in:
- Deep Web / Darknet
- E-mail addresses
- IP4 addresses
- LinkedIn, XING
- V contacts
- … and much more
If necessary, the course content can be “stretched” over several days. For instance, a session could last just 3–4 hours instead of the usual 8 hours. Of course, we will discuss the webinar plan with you in advance so that we can adapt the Maltego & Social Links Training Course perfectly to your daily routine.
Maltego Training & Social Links Training Course: Cost
Don’t miss this opportunity to obtain personal live training on using Maltego and Social Links. In just 3 days, we will turn you from a Maltego beginner to a research ace! Contact us now for an individual offer.